23 May 2011

Lake Como

This weekend I headed up north to Milan and Lake Como.

Lake Como was a dream--more beautiful than I could have imagined.  It has been a retreat for the rich and famous since the ancient Roman times, and many beautiful villas and palaces dot the shore, owned by the likes of George Clooney, Madonna, and Gianni Versace.  

We took a ferry from the city of Como at southern point of the lake to Bellagio (where the Las Vegas hotel gets its name from); the views were stunning.  I took far to many photos, but none of them seem to give justice as to just how beautiful the lake is.  We spent some time walking around Bellagio and seeing some of the beautiful homes and sparkly store windows before taking the ferry back and then the train to Milan.














2 comments:

  1. Lexa! How amazing is your life right now?? Oh goodness. All the pictures you have posted are beyond beautiful. You're beautiful too, you have such great style. I hope life is as wonderful as it looks.

    XO, Chels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul served right there! He is salivating all over my computer as I show him your photos.

    ReplyDelete